Grand Central Hotel
CONTACT / LOCATION215 Broadway,Cottonwood Falls
EM: [email protected]
Located in the heart of the Flint Hills, The Grand Central Hotel sits two miles from The Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve at The Z Bar Ranch and one block west of Kansas’ Scenic Byway 177 in Historic Cottonwood Falls. Biking, nature hiking, birding, picnics; horseback riding, fishing … all available through the hotel.
In accordance with The Military Bounty Land Act of 1855, President Abraham Lincoln assigned the land that The Grand Central sits on to Mr. Martin Merrick. The land sold many times before M.M. Young purchased it in 1881. Thus, The Grand Central Hotel opened in 1884. Always a hotel, it became the Central House, The American, The Cottonwood Falls Hotel, and on November 17, 1995, formally reopened as The Grand Central Hotel and Grill, retaining a quiet elegance with new world hospitality.
The Grand Central Hotel offers fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere, featuring the finest steaks and entrees. A complete catering program is available for any special occasion. Meeting rooms are also available for
• Intimate wedding receptions
• Small board and executive conferences
• Corporate outings
A small, elegant hotel with a western flair, the Grand Central Hotel offers ten suites, each beautifully appointed and oversized, that reflect an extraordinary and unparalleled quality. Each is “branded” with historic brands of our local ranchers.